Tuesday, April 30, 2013

On Life and Dreaming

Rifle Paper Co. Powder Room Prints
photo: Rifle Paper Co.
I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with my life lately. I got my associate's degree in business last May and have yet to use it. I did the whole "look for a job in my field" thing and didn't get a single call back. Did I try very hard? No. I can't help but feel like that's a result of me not wanting to work in that field. I can't imagine sitting in a cubicle every day. Believe it or not, I'm a hands on kind of girl.

This has become more and more apparent as the months have past. What else has occurred to me is that I want to follow my dreams. I want to wake up happy to go to my job. Meet people in a low stress environment and work on something I love everyday: hair.

I've had an interest in hair since I first dyed my hair in sixth grade. I actually haven't had it natural since. (I tried for 8 months, but that's a different story.) I cut my own hair now, but I don't like claiming that currently, since my layers are growing out and my hair looks a mess. I used to love my old hair style, but I miss having long layers. Anyway, I have a passion for hair, and have lots of experience cutting and dying it (with myself anyway). 

Having this epiphany, I realized that I indeed want to style hair. I've been mulling it over for a few months now, and I believe it's finally time to take action. I've started researching schools, but found out quickly that the best in the area are Aveda and Paul Mitchell. I'm going to have to do a little more research and price tuition, but I've taken the first step. This is a big deal for me since I am one of the world's biggest procrastinators.

Life is too short to not try to make your dreams a reality. Sure a hair stylist may not seem like everyone's dream, but it's mine. And I'm going to make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll