Thursday, July 4, 2013

Spit and Fingernails

What an odd combination, but it works wonders for getting oil paint off of the floors. Very, very tedious though. I never posted an after picture of the trim in my room. Probably because I was embarrassed about all the paint that snuck through where I taped off. But I've got like 60% of the room done now :) My nails are getting messed up, but I don't even care lol. I just want the paint off the floors. 

I'm really itching to start the trim in another room. However, we're pretty broke right now, and paint isn't cheap. My goal is to have the house done by Christmas. I keep imagining this beautiful clean white mantle with stockings and modern, but simple Christmas decorations. Before we bought the house, I kept imagining how awesome it would be to wake up in our own house on Christmas morning. We missed that by a few months though. That's ok. At least we're able to this year!

I have a few ideas for things I want to do in my multipurpose room. Which I'm excited about, but of course I need money to do them. I want to paint a table I already have and paint two mirrors I have. They're black, but I want to paint them white. Also, I want to buy a new mirror (mine broke) and add wood to the outsides of it and make it look all vintagey. I also have some shelves to hang in there (nothing to put on them though lol). I'm also thinking of buying some feathers from Michael's to put in a vase I recently got from a thrift store. I think this rug is cool. It's $40 from ikea, but I have a feeling I would get tired of it fast and regret buying it. 




I'm actually surprisingly satisfied with our bedroom! All we need are blinds, trim, a mirror over my dresser and either another mirror or some kind of art over the bed :) We don't have room for much else lol. Maybe a rug. We talked about getting an ottoman thing too for linen storage since we DON'T HAVE A LINEN CLOSET! :( I still don't know what I want to do on the top of my dresser. I want to keep it simple. Maybe some flowers, perfume tray. Something classy. 

Ahh so many ideas floating around in my head! After all interior design is my passion ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll