Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Cohousing

What an interesting idea! I'll just use the definition from Wikipedia, "A cohousing community is a type of intentional community composed of private homes supplemented by shared facilities. The community is planned, owned and managed by the residents – who also share activities which may include cooking, dining, child care, gardening, and governance of the community. Common facilities may include a kitchen, dining room, laundry, child care facilities, offices, internet access, guest rooms, and recreational features.

It's basically a bunch of people living together and doing chores together and helping each other out. I forgot this existed. I first heard about it in a documentary I watched about happiness. It seemed like these people were truly happy caring for and being around others.

For some reason, I've always been interested in hippie-type communities that they show in the movies. Where people end up becoming family, even though they're not blood related. Maybe it's comforting to me because I've always had a small family. I really only talk to my immediate family. And even them not as often as I'd like.

I just think it's a neat idea. It's like trying to bring back villages like their used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll