Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Succulent Probz

My simplicity is starting to get to me in the succulent department. I never thought I'd say it, but I kind of want less of them. It is an addiction though. I actually found myself getting the slightest bit anxious yesterday when I went to Home Depot, and the succulent selection wasn't very good. That's sad! But then in the next breath I want less. I'd probably be happy with all the ones I have, but they're just not doing good! No amount of light to water ratio is working for them yet. I'm guessing it has to do with the fact that most of them were indoors for an extended period of time. I was reading something the other day about them having to adjust again when you bring them back outside. That would explain why they got sunburned after leaving them outside for only two days. One of my plants literally died the day after I bought it. I bought it, put it in the sun the next day, and the day after that it was so burned that it's basically dead now. That one pissed me off. I didn't even get to enjoy it. That's actually what I was looking for yesterday when I went to Home Depot was the same species to replace the one that died.

But anyway, they're becoming more trouble than they're worth. With them not being able to be watered often to the intermittent frost, it's getting to be a lot to handle. Every time it rains, I have to worry if it will kill them or not. And when it frosts, I have to bring every plant (roughly 15 if I had to guess) inside. I'm just going to have to wait until we move into a house with an environment they can thrive in. This house is not that. It's way too dark. The only place that's good for them is in Daniel's room, but he doesn't like them in there.

What I'm thinking of doing to alleviate some of the stress is getting a pretty big pot and adding 4 possibly 5 plants to one pot. That way I won't have to move as many around. Now I'm getting all excited, but it's 10:19 on a Tuesday night, so I don't think I'll be hitting up any hope improvement stores tonight. But tomorrow...possibly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll