Sunday, April 13, 2014

Garden

I finally planted a vegetable garden! I'll have to get a good picture, but I couldn't be happier. It's the perfect sized, wooden, raised garden. I've planted onions, tomatoes, cucumbers, yellow bell peppers, "big Bertha" bell peppers, zucchini, squash, and two types of jalapeƱos. I didn't realize how much room the onions would take up though! It's about 50% of the 3x5 space. But, we do use a lot of onions. It's crazy to see how fast everything is growing! I can already see new types of leaves forming from the plants I planted on Friday, as well as the ones I planted yesterday. The first batch of cucumber plants didn't make it though. It looked bad to begin with, but it was the best one of the bunch. 

I'm going to start composting soon. I have to get a container and worms, but I'm pretty excited. I've wanted to compost forever! I'd like to get a metal trash can. However, you can use a plastic tub, but I prefer the look of the metal. But we'll see. I looked at target today, since we were in the area, but they didn't have what I was looking for. 

I'm in love with this weather. I've been outside for at least a few hours everyday since the weather has been nice. I just love nature. I feel so happy when I'm outside among green things. 

I really need to go to goodwill. It's just kind of far away now and I never remember to go when I'm available to. I need to go soon though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll