Monday, February 17, 2014

Monomeal Detox

I'm thinking of possibly doing a "monomeal detox". Monomeals are basically where you eat one type of fruit or vegetable for a meal, until you are full. A lot of people do mostly fruit. I'd like to do maybe 50/50 if possible, because I know it's not good to eat lots of sugar. But anyway, I'm not sure when I'll start this yet. I'd like to do it anywhere from 3-7 days depending on how well it goes. Lately,  I've just felt so sluggish, tired, and just generally bad. I've been eating horrible. I just need something easy to cleanse my body. This monomeal idea is simple. There's really no thinking involved. Just pick a fruit or vegetable and eat. No juicing recipes, no salads, no ingredient substitutions: just simplicity.

However, the reason I'm not starting this ASAP is because Daniel's mom bought me a giant Reece's peanut butter heart for Valentine's Day. I'm really not a sweets person, and I don't have the heart to tell her to not buy me candy. I could give it to Daniel, but I feel bad doing that for some reason. Maybe I'll give him half who knows. I just think it would be fun to do the cleanse together, but he probably wouldn't even want to do it.

I  just know I'm tired of feeling like garbage and I need something to kick me back into healthy gear. Summer isn't too far away after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll