Sunday, February 2, 2014

Consuming

Lately I've been being a bad consumer again. Lusting after products. I don't like it. Probably, because I've been watching YouTube again. But I think it's ok to treat yourself sometimes isn't it? I haven't actually been buying as much as I've been lusting. My biggest weakness is lush. I bought A LOT around Christmas,  but most of it was buy one get one free and payed for with a gift card. So I didn't actually end up spending that much. Here's a picture of my stash for reference


I've been slowly going through things, but I also like having them on hand. But here's the thing: these things do make me happy! Is that when consumerism is ok? I just feel so good when I use them, I enjoy smelling them, looking at them. It doesn't bring an emptiness to me. Had I spent full price on them it may have.

A couple days ago I bought a few make-up products. I bought a Sonia Kashuk pressed powder, because I was out of my pressed powder. I also bought two nail polishes. With the thought of spring around the corner, I've really been wanting a mint green nail polish. (It's one of my favorite colors too) I bought one like two years ago that I ended up giving to my sister, because it just wasn't the "right" shade, so I ended up not really using it. It was more of a light turquoise. But this time I found it! And I'm excited to say I found a cheap one for $2.99 AND it was a small quantity which I was happy about! Most nail polishes come with so much actual product, and it ends up getting gross before you're even half way done with it! There was another one I found first which was almost the exact same shade but it had more product and it was more expensive. I was also looking to replace my black nail polish since mine was pretty gross. I had used it recently and there were a TON of air bubbles in it. So I picked up a bottle in black from the same line as the mint green one. I think I treated myself without going over board.

For me, when even I get that lusting feeling, it's because I'm on the computer and have nothing better to do. So that kind of sucks. Maybe once I'm working full time I won't have that boredom as much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll