Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Cabin Trip










Man I had so much fun! We went hiking, tubing down a scary river, and shopping. I've got to say, I think one of my favorite things in the world is going either camping or getting a cabin with my friends. I always have a really great time.

So this lead me to think of an idea for a new hobby: becoming more active outside! Mostly what I'm interested in is hiking and kayaking. I really enjoyed hiking and I really like kayaking as well. Daniel and I both want to buy one though. There's a rental place by us, but it's pretty pricey. But I figured this would be a good thing to get into for many reasons. 1) it's physical 2) I love nature 3) mainly upfront costs 4) involves spending time with Daniel 5) nature is good for the soul and happiness 6) I don't feel anxious or OCD about anything outside. My main passion now is interior design and I get very OCD and perfectionist about it, which stresses me out.

Unfortunately, there aren't many trails by where we live now. We'd pretty much have to drive at least 15 minutes to get to any, which isn't horrible. But most of them are 20 or more minutes away. There is a lake somewhat near us though. For a lake anyway. It's like 30-40 minutes away. Although there's water in Suwanee we could kayak on too. The biggest thing is saving up for 2 kayaks. I'd like to get some hiking boots too.

I'm really excited though and hope we actually pursue this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll