Sunday, May 5, 2013

Yellow Trim in a White House





So I've decided I can't stand it any longer; the yellow trim that is. I started painting the trim in my multipurpose room. We don't plan on doing the whole house in a weekend or anything, but rather take it slow and do a good job. Painting the trim and doors of the whole house will probably happen over the course of a couple months.

It's just been driving me crazy to have white walls and yellowish trim! I don't know what the previous homeowners were thinking with that. I'm like 90% positive they painted it that color rather than the white aging to a yellow.

I'm loving it already though! It's making me fall in love with the white all over again. For a while, I was thinking I pretty much wanted to repaint the whole house, but I'm not feeling that anymore. What you'll learn from reading this blog is that I have commitment issues when it comes to color. It's like a hair stylist with their hair. They're not going to have one color forever, they change it up pretty often. For this reason, it's unfortunate that I have a passion for interior design.  I think though, that I would like to repaint the bathrooms at least. I'm learning that white really doesn't look that great in a room that doesn't get any natural light.

I think my next priority will be either the trim in the bathroom or the trim in the hallway. I'm leaning towards hallway, since that's seen more often than the bathroom. I'd like to do more to my room tonight, but I'm out of painter's tape to tape down the drop cloth or whatever it's called. I'm excited though! I just need to paint the trim whenever I'm bored lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll