Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Some Things are Not Important

In minimalist blogs I've come across many times to make a list of what's important to you and focus on the top three or four things. Usually anything after that isn't actually all that important, and tends to keep focus away from those more important things. For me in order of importance would be relationships, health, (this should be my fourth over third) the house, job/career.

I have to make sure these things happen. For example, today I spent some good time with my mom and sister. It's been way, way too long since I've seen either one of them, and I really missed them. I've also been kind of straying away from my health. A little car problem has my anxiety going haywire, so I made some bad food decisions today. And the last couple days. However, to make up for earlier, I ate a large cucumber, about 7-8 cherry tomatoes, and an apple for dinner. I wasn't even all that hungry anyway. I am NOT giving up. I'm gonna have a few bumps in the road, but I'm not giving up.

The trim is coming along pretty well. I didn't have time today to work on it. But all I need to do is another coat on the window, one entire door, an entire side of the other door and a second coat on the other side. That actually sounds like a lot. And that's only one room! It'll totally be worth it though. It already is and I'm not even done yet. The biggest pain, and what held me up the most, is the window. You have to make a perfect edge on 4 sides of 12 panes whilst attaching a piece of paper to each pane, to ensure it doesn't drip. Such. A. Pain. I'm dreading the rest of the house for that reason. But it gives me something to do, which is nice. Browsing Pinterest, Facebook, and Instagram gets quite boring after a while.

And I actually somewhat incorporated my fourth thing today too! I had a much needed, good conversation with my mom about doing the cosmetology school thing. I found out today Aveda is in the $15,000-$20,000 range. I had no idea! I thought like $5,000 at the most! So that's out of the question.  My mom really encouraged me and motivated me to do it. I should definitely qualify for some financial aid and I should still have Hope. Plus, she was telling me at the end of the day all you really need is the certification. I have a business degree (associates anyway), and if I wanted to, I could open my own salon. (Or just work out of my house). It felt really good to talk to her about that, and it gave me the motivation I heavily needed. So I plan on looking into that within the next couple of weeks.

Overall, I feel like I had a good day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll