Saturday, July 26, 2014

New Job

So I don't think I've mentioned this, but I got a new job! I'm pretty happy. I'm a server at a restaurant. It's only like my second week. But it's nice because I got close to a week off after I quit Tanner's, because I was waiting for the restaurant to open.

It's crazy, because I realized something tonight. I'm happy. I felt like something has been missing in my life for a while now, and I couldn't quit put my finger on it. I'm happy with my husband, my house (for the most part I'll get to that in a sec.), my job I obviously wasn't though. This job is so much better. I haven't quite started making "bank" yet, but overall, I'm sooooo much happier. My managers are awesome, the people are awesome for the most part, and I don't feel like a reject. At my old job, I didn't make the cut to be a server, and it got to me. I felt terrible about myself, like I wasn't good enough. I shouldn't have let it get to me like that, but it was hard not to. At this job, I was trained to be "front of house checker". Which doesn't sound like much, but basically I was the one that had to check every other servers sections and sign them off. I had to mop the entire dining room, which sucked. I enjoyed having the responsibility though.

One thing that's been stressing me out though is MOLD. So a couple weeks back. Daniel and I tore into the wall, sprayed the mold with mold killer, painted it with kilz and ran an air scrubber for 3 days. My cough seemed to get worse some how. I had a feeling there had to be more mold. (Daniel didn't believe me.) We were trying to avoid ripping out more drywall. I was so stressed, because several people who we had do estimates on the mold, told us that basically they wouldn't do it, because the job wasn't big enough. We really didn't know what our next option was. So when Daniel texted me a picture of mold at work, I actually got excited. He had torn into the wall and found more mold about as big as the first section we found. I was basically ecstatic, because that meant we could fix it without having someone come out. So he just went ahead and ripped the moldy drywall out and sprayed down everything else. We're still going to have to rent an air scrubber again. Which will suck, but it's better an spending $1000 to get someone to come out and do it. $1000 was everyones minimum to do the work. I've been feeling like a crazy person about this whole mold thing. It feels so good to finally have some closure. I've only been home like an hour, and I feel like I can already see an improvement. It will be even better once we do the other two steps.

So yeah, I just had to blog about that. Exciting things happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll