Friday, September 23, 2016

It's Fall. Sort of.

So not too much has happened lately in these parts. I did, however, pass my green shirt test!! Which I'm super happy about! This has been an EXTREMELY long process though! It took almost 3 weeks to get graded. On top of that when I found out I passed (I got a 93) and ordered my shirts, I found out my size is on back order...So who knows how long it's going to be before I actually receive my shirts. Very frustrating.

I've also set up my tattoo consultation, appointment, and paid the deposit. The consultation is in October and the actual appointment is in November. I cannot wait! We've also booked a cabin in Cherry Log, GA for our 4 year anniversary around that time. So basically, we're going to go on vacation, then I'll get my tattoo the day we come back.

I've been trying to not be on my phone as much lately. Having to cut back on data is mostly the reason. I've gone over on data the last two months and am getting tired of paying $90 for my phone bill alone. Daniel is on Google Fi and I'm on AT&T. Eventually, when the cancellation fee to monthly bill ratio becomes beneficial, I'm going to switch to Google Fi. Anyway, I basically went on a data diet and didn't use any data on my phone for a week straight. It was interesting, and almost habit breaking. I'm slowly trickling back by day 2, but I do think I'm doing much better than before. Disconnecting and bringing your focus to real life is definitely an eye opener. It's really crazy and sad when you realize just how much time you spend checking your phone. I used to not even have a cell phone until my senior year of high school and I got by just fine. I can't believe how dependent I've become.

The next few weeks I'm just going to be counting down to cool weather and indulging in everything pumpkin. After all, it is almost the best time of year. Right now, I'm dreaming of a chilly day tending to my garden in the morning, drinking something hot, then heading out to the observatory as it gets dark. Daniel hinted to me that he wants to get me a telescope for christmas. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better gift. I'm in a very spacey mood at the moment and currently listening to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll