Saturday, March 12, 2016

Man

This is the most happy I've been in a very long time. I had my last day at the salon today. I also had my orientation at the nursery. It went really well! Even though I haven't had my first day yet, (I start Monday) I feel so good about this. My life feels "right" again. It's crazy how big of an impact a job can have on your emotional well being. I keep trying to put it out of my mind that I was hired as seasonal staff. But I made it clear in my interview that my goal is to work there long-term. I'm just going to work my butt off and see where that gets me. She did say that they do hire some seasonal staff permanently based on how hard you work. The lady who presented the orientation made me feel like I definitely have a chance. She was saying that most of the people they have now started as seasonal staff. I'm still just like in shock that this is happening. It's so crazy that for every other job I've had when I get my first schedule I've got a nervous/anxious feeling. This time I didn't get that at all. I was excited to get my schedule. I was even excited for orientation.

It's such a good feeling to imagine something in your mind that you want and then make it happen. I'm realizing I'm a very goal oriented person.

My next goal is probably my health. I really don't take care of myself. This one is going to be very hard for me, because I've "kind of" been trying to work on it, but there's very little evidence of that. I feel like I have been working at this, but I can't seem to take it seriously despite knowing I can do it. I've done it before. My biggest hang up is seriously beer. I love beer so much, but it's so, so bad for you. I just can't stop. It's such a big part of Daniel and I's life. I've tried telling myself only on the weekends, special occasions or when we hang out with friends, but I can't stick to it! I know if I could get my drinking under control everything else will fall into place. Because I really haven't been eating bad lately, I just can't stop drinking. I guess we'll see what the future holds!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll