Thursday, June 9, 2016

Simplified Shopping

So for a while now I've found myself trying to only buy from certain stores or only certain brands. I'm sure it has to do with my love for uniformity (on certain things) as well as trial and error. It's kind of the whole Trader Joe's thing. Streamlining your buying options.

Right now, the only place I want to buy underwear from is Aerie for multiple reasons. Quality, fit, and the fact that they don't photoshop or airbrush their models at all. I really, really respect that. I've never been a Victoria's Secret girl. Within the last year, I finally gave them a try (surely it must be worth the hype). It definitely wasn't. Most of their stuff wasn't at all comfortable and extremely overpriced. It also fit me terribly. Luckily, Aerie is finally back at the mall after a year or two hiatus.

As far as clothes, for the most part all I've been buying is from H&M, Target, and the occasional Old Navy. I'm very done with Forever 21. From their shit quality, to their art stealing, and unethical labor. (H&M isn't the best either, but it's got to be better than Forever 21.) I do like buying second hand as well, I just haven't been as much lately.

As for make-up, lately I've only been using Nars, Sonia Kashuk, and some MAC. The MAC stuff I buy, could easily be replaced by another brand, but I'm just trying to use it up. The only eyeshadow I have it from urban decay. Honestly, I don't even use it that much. It's just for special occasions.

I have a couple perfumes right now that aren't derived from natural scents. After I use them up or get rid of them, I'm finished with that. I'm done with Bath and Body Works (except maybe for candles I haven't decided yet, I may just go to Yankee Candle if I really can't resist.) Since I've mostly stopped using the unnatural scents, they don't even smell that good to me anymore.

I'm going to try and stop buying cheap, shitty jewelry, since I really don't even wear it that much. It's been a long time since I've bought anything like that anyway. I pretty much only did for my old job and school. If I do buy anything I want to try and get it from Etsy. (Most likely only earrings).

Obviously, I don't stick to this 100% percent. This is more of an overview of what I tend to buy. I find that if I try to limit where I buy from, then I'm a lot less likely to make dumb purchases.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll