Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Sea of Emotions

Lately, I've been feeling all sorts of weird. I feel like lots of things are changing or happening at once. My mom and step-dad (and possibly brother) are probably going to be moving to Florida. She's confused about it as well. I know that's where her and Ray (my step-dad) have always wanted to be. We came to Georgia for the good schools and you get more for your money here. I haven't been that close to my mom the last few years, but honestly it's from what I mentioned before. I get tired of her laying all her problems on me every time we talk. It takes a lot out of you, especially when you have your own problems to deal with. I've came to the conclusion (and felt this way from the beginning): it's going to suck, but she deserves happiness. If not seeing her in person, but having a skype conversation where she's finally happy happens, that's worth it to me.

The house she's in is wayyy too much for her. It would be for anyone. I got overwhelmed living there, which is why I moved in with Daniel and his mom two summers ago. They already refinanced the mortgage, which added on like 15 years to a 40 year mortgage. So realistically, they'll never own it. But anyway, she would be downsizing. She's talking about buying a cheap house with cash and maybe getting a loan to fix it up. I honestly feel like that's whats best for her. I really wish I would've known about downsizing, debt, and not biting off more than you can chew when they bought that house. However, she probably still would've wanted to buy it. Last year she almost bought a house than was even bigger than the 3,000 sq. ft. one she's in now! I'm so happy it didn't end up working out.

On a different note, Daniel and I discussed going to cosmetology school. Daniel told his mom I was interested in that and she talked to her best friend who is a hair stylist. She basically said that that amount of money is ridiculous and that you end up learning the same thing at a technical college. She went to Gwinnett Tech, which is where I first thought about going. It all comes down to passing the boards. She also brought up trade shows (I think that's what they're called). Basically, I think they're like expos, (several every year) where you learn how to better your skills and learn new and coming things in your trade. I would definitely be interested in that.

If I did that, we would only be out a couple hundred probably instead of several thousand. Plus, I already have taken my core classes, assuming they transfer.  I'd most likely be going the Spring semester, so after Christmas. Daniel is fully supportive of it. That makes me very happy and makes me feel a lot better. His support has really been important to me and helps me realize everything is going to be ok. He's not only supported me, but pumped me up. It's really made me excited for the future.

So yeah a lot of changes are happening, which is kind of scary, but life can't stay the same forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll