Saturday, August 3, 2013

It's Mornings Like This

That make me miss living with my mom and siblings. Morning, summer, humid, listening to 88.5 (Georgia State College Radio), feeling dirty since I haven't showered yet. Lately I've been sort of lonely. I miss my family. I'd go and see them more, but every time I do it's depressing. My mom lays a lot on me. I know she doesn't have anyone to talk to, but at the same time I'm not her psychiatrist you know? I just want to enjoy her company. That really is the reason why I don't visit more often. I leave feeling more sad than I did when I got there. But from that also brings a certain amount of appreciation for the lack of chaos in my life. In a way, I do sort of miss the chaos. There were good parts with the bad. There was always something going on.

I texted my sister the other day. I said she should come over soon since we haven't seen each other in forever and she never wrote me back. I'm surprised she didn't write me back. I mean it's probably been a month since we've talked. I'll just try again soon I guess. I'm proud and jealous of my sister. She recently finished grooming school. Her work (Petsmart) paid for it and now she has a 2 year contract for them. I think it's funny we're probably both going to end up having careers in cutting hair. I really want to go to hair school. However, I probably won't be able to until at least the winter semester because of money.

I just messaged a girl on facebook who I used to work with that now goes to a cosmetology school. I wanted to get some basic questions answered like if she likes it, how much it costs ect. I knew she went to a particular school, but I didn't know how close it was to my house! I just did a brief google search and found that out. It's like a 12 minute drive according to google.  I'm getting really excited now since I found that out. It's funny how thoughts take certain paths. Like being upset about my sister led me to doing research on my dream (which I've really been needing to do and get the motivation). I'm feeling very optimistic. I did an estimated net price calculator and it was pretty pricy. However, it is cheaper than Aveda and the other one I was looking at (I can't remember the name). But still I'm assuming better than going to a community college. There's financial aid available. It probably won't be able to cover near what I need it to, but that's ok. I understand how to pay off debt. I need credit anyway. And also I can't expect to better my life without giving a little first. I'm feeling so excited right now! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll