Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Soo..

I'm super happy, because I was asked to stay past seasonal at work! I was one of only two cashiers. The other girl is in high school, but will soon be out for the summer. So really there's only going to be like 3 cashiers. I'm so, so happy. Hard work is worth it. The other girl that's staying is interested in horticulture as well. However, she wants to go to school for floral design. In a way I'm a little jealous, because I wish I would've known what I wanted to do in high school. Well, I guess I kind of knew. For most of my high school career, I thought I wanted to do graphic design. Until I took a graphic design class. I didn't hate it, but I could tell I probably didn't want to take that career path.

So Daniel and I had a to heart to heart yesterday. Our plan has been to open a home brew supply store. Although really, it was more his dream than mine. Don't get me wrong, I love beer, but I feel like I've kind of lost my passion for it a little bit. I still absolutely love it, but it isn't the healthiest. Especially to make a career out of it. I expressed to him that it's his dream, but not necessarily mine. So it's possible I may go back to school for horticulture. There's a technical school basically down the street from me. It's funny it's the same school I was going to go to for hair, but got talked out of. Anyway, since I've already taken all my core classes (when I went for business) I would be able to transfer a lot of classes and finish very quickly. I should still have my HOPE scholarship too. I already have Daniel's blessing that he actually gave me pretty quickly. I want to do more research and be sure I'll actually be able to find a job in this field paying well enough before I pursue it. I'm just happy that I have my foot in the door at a very big and reputable nursery.

Also, I had the idea of selling terrariums in an Etsy store on the side. Start up wouldn't cost too much. I would just need to be able to find someone who will sell plants in bulk to someone that isn't a nursery. I've done very light research on it as far as finding suppliers. But I think it would be a cool way to put my hobby into making money. It's everything I love: plants, design, small spaces. Who knows if I'll actually do it or not, but I definitely like the idea.

Oh yeah I'm happy to report that I actually have been trying to get my health under control. I've lost 15 pounds from my heaviest. My heaviest being 150. I just weighed myself and I'm 135.2 I'm not even entirely sure how I did it. I guess working full time, lifting stuff, and working in the yard has to do with it. Also, I've been trying to eat better. Not snack as much or if I do, it'll be a healthier snack. Also, I've been trying not eat super late. I try not to eat anything else after dinner. My goal weight is 120. Or my ultimate goal weight being 115. I would accept higher if I have muscle. I'm just happy my weight has finally started moving down. For the longest time it wouldn't budge.

I got my hair cut yesterday by the girl who's work I really love. I used to go to her before I started hair school. She does such a good job. I asked for a long bob with lots of layers, but I wasn't really able to do it since I'm still working on growing out a giant chunk of hair. But she still managed to do exactly what I wanted. My layers were wayy too long and heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll