Sunday, May 22, 2016

"Packing Party"

So this an idea first coined by one of the writers over at "The Minimalists." The idea is pack up all your belongings, as if you're moving, and only pull out what you need. That way you can see what you really need and use. I'm going to try this, but not with all my belongings. Mainly clothes, shoes, accessories. I haven't decided if I'm going to do it with anything else yet or not. I've started the process, but I'm using trash bags instead since it's a little easier and I don't have any boxes. My clothes are where I have my hardest time being minimal.

I really don't know how I can "feel" like a minimalist, but have so much stuff. I know there's people who aren't minimalists that have less than I do without even trying. I think it's because I'm such a design oriented person. It doesn't help that I also get tired of stuff very easily. It's definitely a struggle. Although, I guess I've been better about buying things lately (well not plant related anyway). It's mostly just stuff I've accumulated while in hair school. By the way, it's amazing how much less laundry I have now. It's decreased by like 75%.

I think my goal is to get down to having a little more than I might have in a tiny house. There's no point in getting quite low enough to live in a tiny house, because I'm not going to live in one. I would love to though. Maybe not one on a trailer, but a little bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll