Monday, May 19, 2014

Camping

So I had an amazing weekend. We went camping with a friend at the Amicalola Falls State Park. We got a late start on Friday night. I wanted to get there at like 5 and we got there at like 8. And on top of that, it was pretty darn cold. It was an adventure on its own trying to find a jacket since Daniel and I both forgot one. It's been in the 60's - mid 80's lately, so neither one of us thought we would need it! We were very, very wrong. I ended up getting a grey hoodie at Wal-Mart on clearance for $7. However, for Daniel's jacket, we had to attempt to sleep through the low 40's night, then the next morning, hike 1.5 miles both ways to the visitor center gift shop. The way back was entirely up hill. And there were well over 500 steps (we had to take two sets of stairs). And his was $40.. Anyway, negatives aside, the trip was super fun and much needed. Daniel and I realized the hard way that our 6 man tent was entirely too big. It takes like 3 people to set it up easily. It also wasn't fun to take down in the rain on Sunday morning. We also had a tarp that was wayyyy too big.

So being inspired, Daniel and I drove home, got cleaned up and went to R.E.I. I don't think either one of us were planning on buying anything, but they had a rare sale going on for their 25 year anniversary. So we bought a tent. Our tent. It has great reviews and it was about $80 off! It's a 3 man tent. And omg it's amazing. We excitedly set it up in our living room and it literally took less than 10 minutes to set up. I know it will take even less in the future, since we know how it works now. It's a backpacking tent, so it only weighs 6 pounds. And it is so easy to put together. On top of that it came with a footprint, which is basically a mini tarp the exact size of the tent, to go underneath the tent. So we don't need a tarp. I can't wait to use it!

I just love camping so much. It's so much fun and it makes me so happy! I have a feeling for Christmas, or maybe sooner, I'm going to want to get some nice jackets. I'd like a warm, hooded fleece one. And a warm rainproof one. I may look at Plato's Closet for a used North Face jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll