Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Post Decluttering and Goals

I really have a hard time finding out what to do post "decluttering stage" of minimalism. Maybe I should start reading. I've always wanted to get into it, but haven't since I've gotten older. I used to be a bookworm up until mid-middle school. Most nights I just end up browsing pinterest, facebook, instagram, and the blogs I read. That's about it. It gets kind of old after a while. I also like to just sit outside on the back porch and surround myself with nature. Daniel and I spend all off our time together when we get off work and usually spend the nights before we go to sleep on ourselves. He'll usually play xbox, go on his computer, write/play music.

I wish there was a park near us. I got spoiled by the old city I used to live in where there was like one park every 3 miles. I really like to go for walks and just talk with Daniel. Usually it's hard getting him to go on walks with me though :(

I was just out of curiosity reading an old post I wrote on my old blog about being my "fantasy self". I've surprisingly accomplished a lot of the things on there, which makes me happy! :) And I gotta say I'm a much happier person for doing these things. Some examples were do yoga 2-3 times per week, drink 4 cups of tea a week, eat more vegetables, drink more water, don't drink soda, take biotin daily. There were more than just health related things on there, but it turns out those are the ones I've accomplished. It really feels nice to set goals and meet them. I suppose I'll write a list of new goals. I have some on there from my old list as well. They're sort of in categories.

- Get enrolled in a hair program
- Set up various doctor's appointments

- Stick with weight lifting
 (Just for squats I really don't want to get bulky)
- Possibly start running
- Experiment more with cooking
- Drink less alcohol
  (That sounds bad. I really don't drink that much, but it's really not good for you
   especially when you start adding mixers. It's bad for your health and building muscle/losing fat)
- Work on eating healthier snacks
  (The snacks I eat aren't the worst, but not the best either)

- Find more activities for Daniel and I to do together
- More date nights
- Go on more mini-vacations
   (camping trips, weekend trips. I don't see this increasing a lot, but maybe taking one every 5 months
    or so)
- Spend more time with family

- Get all the trim in the house painted


I'm sure there's more small things, but those are the most important to me. The hair one and doctor's appointments are so difficult for me 1) because of anxiety and 2) because of money. So we'll see. I'm going to start tackling this next set of goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages - Menu

Popular Posts

Followers

Search This Blog

Blogroll